Inkscape.org
Beginners' Questions Is it possible to use Inkscape version 0.92 and version 1 on the same computer?
    nihon94 nihon94 @nihon94

I wonder if it is possible to use Inkscape version 0.92 and version 1 on the same computer. I want to keep 0.92 version because of some favorite third party extensions.

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

Xav Xav @Xav👹

What OS?

fred_dot_u fred_dot_u @fred_dot_u

I have the same question, in my case for Windows 7 and possibly 10 in the near future. Some features of the "older" version, specifically extensions that may not work in 1.0 are important to keep accessible.

If the answer is yes, are there any tricks to ensure neither installation is damaged?

nihon94 nihon94 @nihon94

I am sorry did not mention OS, it is Windows 10. Thank you.

Aero Aero @Aero◻️

For parallel installations of different versions use the compressed .7z archives. Make sure to extract them into an empty folder (we recommend the free software 7-Zip to extract) and create program shortcuts manually if required.

https://inkscape.org/release/1.0/windows/

No need to uninstall your old version.

fred_dot_u fred_dot_u @fred_dot_u

That's great to hear. I'm only just now reading all the forum posts and have yet to read the home page for the 1.0 version news.

Will there be any impact regarding the folders used for extensions on the older version?

Flamingolady Flamingolady @flamingolady🦩

Fred dot. I use win 7.  And i use 92.4 and 1.0.  Put them sep folders and rename one.  I put shortcuts on my desktop and renamed so I'll know which is which

nihon94 nihon94 @nihon94

Thank you very much for the reply in details.

Inkscape Inkscape.org Inkscape Forum Beginners' Questions Is it possible to use Inkscape version 0.92 and version 1 on the same computer?