Inkscape.org
Drawing Challenges, Contests, Competitions 🕰️ Inkscape Challenge | October 2024
    Pacer Pacer @pacer⚖🏁
    ❤❤❤❤*

We challenge you to:

Draw a Clock.

If you are new to Inkscape, feel free to keep it simple.

Multiple entries are welcome, and please do stick around for the chat!

All abilities are invited to get involved. The complexity of your entry is down to you.

Please post your finished artwork below. 

IMPORTANT: If you would like to know what you could do to improve your artwork, add the phrase to your comment: "Brutal Feedback" --- only for those with nerves of steel! (Please include a brief description of your process, difficulties you have experienced and your desired outcome).

Because of limited resources, moderators may not always be able to give feedback. However, other participants may be able to offer advice.

Please spread the word!
    #inkscapechallenge

Please see CHALLENGE RULES before submitting your artwork

Instructions/Information

• To submit your artwork, scroll to the bottom of the page and while logged in, click the paperclip (bottom-left) to upload your image, add a description in the text box (optional) and click "Submit Reply".
    • If you'd like to post work-in-progress artwork, create a thread in the "Work in Progress" section of the forum, and post your images there, with the title "[Month] [Year] [Challenge Title] WIP - [your artwork title]" (you are welcome to ask for help there if you get stuck). When finished, post the final graphic to this thread.
    • There are no winners (HOWEVER, WE MAY SHARE ARTWORK WHICH STANDS OUT WITH THE INKSCAPE COMMUNITY). These challenges are intended to inspire, to encourage you to share your work and to build a supportive community.
    • If you post your artwork here, you agree for us to share your artwork and use your artwork to create a banner for social media - to opt out, add "Please don't share" to your post.
    • Please don't post artwork containing AI generated graphics or 3rd party images. as it can be hard to see what you (the artist) has produced using Inkscape.
    • You're encouraged to discuss and offer feedback/constructive criticism to others, but please be respectful.
    • Most importantly, be creative, give your best, and have fun!

We look forward to seeing your entries!

Challenge entries (so far)

Inkscape 1.4 Rc1
    Inkscape 1.4 Rc1 / 2024
    Numeros Romanos
    Black And Silver / 2024
    Eye Final
    Water Clock
    Happy Hour
    Hourglass
    Candle Clock
    Marcos GonzĂĄlez Marcos GonzĂĄlez @mrks9
    ❤❤✔❤

As other times, what I have achieved in Inkscape and what I have retouched in Gimp.

Inkscape 1.4 Rc1
    Inkscape 1.4 Rc1 / 2024
    Polygon Polygon @Polygon⚖🌶
    ★

@mrks9 Cool images; what‘s the rectangular shape in the center?

Thank you @Polygon  If you mean the one above the icon, I tried to make a kind of optical illusion by merging layers. The idea was that the square, although it belongs to the background, would seem to go through the clock. 

Polygon Polygon @Polygon⚖🌶
    😂

That´s what I`ve guessed. But find it kinda distracting as I´m not expecting a transparent centre: where is the drive? 😉

😇

@Polygon If you think about it realistically, I know it doesn't work. But hey, it's all about playing 😊

✔🤘✔*

I was replicating a tutorial for the center optical illusion image and ended up with a clock for the challenge 😄 In blues and creams in Inkscape, but when I moved it to Gimp it became black and silver.

Numeros Romanos
    Black And Silver / 2024
    pjschleitwilerfcm pjschleitwilerfcm @pjschleitwilerfcm
    ★✋★

water clock

Water Clock
    Inkonic Inkonic @Inkonic
    ✔❤❤❤

The always 'Happy Hour' alarm clock

Happy Hour
    Pacer Pacer @pacer⚖🏁
    ✔

@inkonic Nice clock! You are very talented.

✔

sand clock

Hourglass
    ★★

candle clock

Candle Clock
    hacebaltazar hacebaltazar @hacebaltazar
    ❤★

Hi everyone, this is my first illustration in Inkscape, I just hope to improve over time and get back to where I started.

Eye Final

@hacebaltazar Nice work, I like it. It has character.

Inkonic Inkonic @Inkonic

@hacebaltazar   Welcome! Beautiful work, beautiful color combination!👍

@pacer Thank you so much, Pacer! I just try and always learning...

@mrks9 I'm looking forward to see your next entry ☺

Neutronzoo Neutronzoo @Neutronzoo
    ★

Hi,

I made it 2 years ago for a school project. At this time the book "The Art of Computer Designing" by Osamu Sato was my first source of inspiration.

Inkscape Inkscape.org Inkscape Forum Drawing Challenges, Contests, Competitions 🕰️ Inkscape Challenge | October 2024